Sport in the UK is big business; most games have a large number of fans who follow there every move. With the Olympics around the corner the sports that you follow may have some bearing on what you watch at the Olympics. Cricket and football are two sports that are not contested at the games, they both are very popular but the fans are very different.
• Cricket is not as popular as football but cricket tends to have a following from all ages and sexes whereas football is generally followed by younger men.
• Cricket has many international tournaments but the most famous is the Cricket World Cup – This is where the top cricketing nations play against each other in a limited over game.
• Test cricket is the other variant of the game whereby 2 teams play the game over 5 days
• Cricket is a long haul game so there are often spells where nothing happens and the game becomes absorbing.
• Football is fast paced. It is played over 90 minutes and the object of the game is to score goals against your opponent. The game is full of action, it can all be happening at one end of the pitch and moments later it can all go to the other end.
• Football is by far one of the most popular games in Europe.
In conclusion, if you are the type of person that like to relax in front of the TV then cricket is the game for you as this game arrives at the climax steadily but if you prefer a nail biting contest, football is the way forward!